The sesquicentennial of the establishment of Yellowstone National Park will occur in 2022. With that in mind, special collections librarians at Brigham Young University and the University of Wyoming thought it would be timely to bring together librarians, archivists, curators, collectors, vendors, and researchers who work with Yellowstone National Park materials to converse about areas of common interest, discuss concerns, look for opportunities and generally get to know our colleagues who share similar responsibility and research interests. As a result, the first conference on Collecting Yellowstone materials is underway!
The goal objectives of this conference is to bring together individuals/institutions with significant Yellowstone National Park materials to:
- Learn about the various YNP collections across the United States
- Become acquainted with our colleagues
- Discuss collections, discovery, acquisition and related topics
- Identify trends and issues which impact collections now and in the future
- Connect with scholars actively involved in YNP research
- Meet with collectors and vendors of Yellowstone’s vast history
This conference is for all individuals or institutions engaged in the administration and oversight of Yellowstone National Park related collections. This includes librarians, archivists, curators, catalogers, vendors, collectors and scholars who work with the materials and the repositories.
We are very excited for this opportunity to discover Yellowstone with you in greater depth!