In 2019, the first Conversations on Collecting Yellowstone conference took place at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming. The conference returns in 2022 and coincides with the 150th anniversary of Yellowstone National Park.
The 2022 conference is being organized by Montana State University Library and University of Wyoming Libraries and will take place in Bozeman, Montana. It is an opportunity for scholars, researchers, collectors, librarians and archivists to gather to discuss and explore collections related to Yellowstone National Park and to look to the future of collecting and curating these materials.
Yellowstone is an enduring national treasure engendering great enthusiasm among those who work to thoughtfully acquire and share the documentary and artifactual history of the park. The goal of the conference is to bring together individuals/institutions with significant Yellowstone National Park materials to:
- Learn about the various Yellowstone collections
- Become acquainted with colleagues
- Discuss collections, discovery, acquisition and related topics
- Identify trends and issues which impact collections now and in the future
- Connect with scholars actively involved in Yellowstone research
- Meet with collectors and vendors of Yellowstone related items
The conference will feature noted keynote speakers, a call for papers, concurrent sessions, social events, networking, and field trips. Information will be posted here as it become available.
If you have questions or would like additional information, contact Ann Vinciguerra (406-994 6857; email@example.com) events and communications manager at Montana State University Library.